Online users (2)
Top Posters
1371 Posts
766 Posts
745 Posts
719 Posts
662 Posts
Main Forum

A Pixelmon Trainers guide to Legendary Pokemon, Boss Pokemon and Shiny Pokemon!

9 replies
148 posts
+169 votes
+50 Points
Untagged users
I've seen a lot of people asking about how to find shiny pokemon, where mew is found, and what a boss pokemon is. So, I decided to make a thread about the elusive pokemon themselves! And with that out of the way, let's get started with the most asked question I've seen!

Where is mew?

Mew is a rare pokemon, and is very difficult to capture. It is reccomended to have Poke Balls on you at any time you are wandering around, cause you just might find a Pokemon you want. Mew is found in the jungle biome, A biome consisted of large trees, and vines. One way to easily spot Pokemon in the Jungle is to level the trees make the terrain easier to travel on, although this is very time consuming. One last thing, Mew cannot spawn in the lakes inside the Jungle. That is it's own technical biome, and you can find more information on technical biomes on Minecraft's Wiki. As for the legendary bird Pokemon, I have heard they don't spawn on the server, so feel free to touch up on those topics on the Pixelmon Wiki.

I found a Blue, Yellow, or Red <Insert name here>, is it shiny?

Chances are, it is not shiny. A way to easily see this is if the name tag is the same color, has in, a blue miltank having a blue nametag, with no level information. Don't let the fact is isn't shiny discourage you! Boss Pokemon ARE rare, and you should be happy you found one. These are usually good for EXP for pokemon, and for higher leveled Pokemon of that species.

A Boss Pokemon is usually 5, 10, or 20 levels higher than your highest level Pokemon, depending on the rarity of the boss type. A Blue Boss Pokemon is the most common out of the trio, and is 5 levels high than your Highest level Pokemon, a Red boss Pokemon is 10 levels higher than your highest Level Pokemon, and A Yellow Boss Pokemon is 20 levels higher than your highest level Pokemon. A Boss Pokemon is still limited to level 100, so it is best to come prepared if you plan on finding one. Boss Pokemon can also drop rare items like TMs, rare candies, held items, and even Master Balls! Unfortunately, there is a glitch in the mod which disables this on servers, so there is no point to Boss Pokemon has of yet.

Where can I find Shiny Pokemon, what are the differences between them, and how can I catch one today?

Shiny Pokemon are random, and can spawn just like any other Pokemon. If mankey can spawn near you, so can a Shiny mankey! A Shiny Pokemon has no stat advantage, and is just purely cosmetic. These vanity changes are made in the coloration of the Pokemon. Some Changes are minimal, to drastic. For example, A Voltorb is red and white, but a Shiny Voltorb is Blue and White, while a Shiny Diglett can just have a blue nose instead of pink.

These Pokemon, just like the games, have a 1/8192 chance of spawning, which is why so many Trainers seek them. An easy way of surveying the area for these elusive Pokemon check EVERYWHERE you have not checked. A way to see if you have been here before would be to leave torches, which works even better at night. Remember, Pokemon can spawn ANYWHERE on the land, and you don't want to miss your chance to engage it in a battle. Remember, ALWAYS KEEP POKEBALLS WITH YOU. Not being able to catch a rare Pokemon, or a shiny is one of the most painful things that can happen to you in Pixelmon and.....I don't want to talk about it.

So that pretty much wraps this up! Thanks for reading, and I wish you luck on your search for these elusive Pokemon! Just don't find a shiny Graveler and not expect it to use Self Destruct.

Thanks,
Mikesdaman
Posted Sep 24, 13 · OP · Last edited Sep 24, 13
+6  votes
 votes

0 Down Voted

10 posts
+4 votes
Untagged users
This was a great post and I hope a lot more people get as much use as I did from it
Posted Sep 24, 13
+1  votes
 votes

0 Down Voted

57 posts
+19 votes
Untagged users
Very well written! +1
Trainer_Card.png
Wait, what's an internet?
Posted Sep 24, 13
+1  votes
 votes

0 Down Voted

148 posts
+169 votes
+50 Points
Untagged users
This was a great post and I hope a lot more people get as much use as I did from it
wrote:
Very well written! +1

Thanks! ^_^
Posted Sep 24, 13 · OP
0  votes
1371 posts
+376 votes
+122 Points
Admins
Admin
Nice, I might sticky thread this :sick:
Posted Sep 24, 13
0  votes
[Owner] savior67 a
savior67 @ Fire Red Emerald
329 posts
+113 votes
+26 Points
Admins
Owner
glaceon
Good post
forumSig.png
Posted Sep 24, 13
+1  votes
 votes

0 Down Voted

245 posts
+62 votes
Untagged users
Good post

Should possibly get it into the Guide too. Also would it be useful to Tab the guide up on the top?
2ajsy7b.png
Posted Sep 24, 13
+1  votes
 votes

0 Down Voted

[Owner] savior67 a
savior67 @ Fire Red Emerald
329 posts
+113 votes
+26 Points
Admins
Owner
glaceon
I'd say edit it into the guide or write your own version of this onto the end.
forumSig.png
Posted Sep 24, 13
0  votes
1 posts
0 votes
Untagged users
I have a question about legendary. I'm not quite sure which legendary to get because im planning to buy umbreon but I'm not sure what is the most op legendary, Can anyone specify what the most op legendary in terms of health, attack etc. Is rayquaza op im not sure so can someone plz reccoment a very op legendary plz. Also, I will get the opportunity to choose 2 other pokemon. Which are the most op in terms of attack and health. Thanks!!!
http://i.imgur.com/wDBOC8c.gif
Posted Feb 19, 14
0  votes
[Aqua] mark0713 Mod
mark0713 @ Fire Red Emerald
409 posts
+105 votes
+190 Points
They are all good just depends on what you like :sick:
c5a5603b59974e607fe2b9cc7a0106e2.png
Posted Feb 20, 14
0  votes